Wednesday, April 2, 2008

20 years ago......

As I have just become active in the past week or so with FaceBook, I look back over all the faces that I have not seen for almost 20 years. Can you believe it. I was just thinking about where I was 20 years ago. At this point I was about ready to graduate from High School in Midfield, AL, and I knew what I was going to do...no doubt in my mind. I was heading off to Pensacola, Fl. to Liberty Bible College. That was what I had decided many, many years earlier and that point was finally here. So....here I was, 18 and full of dreams...off to change the world. So I headed out to Jackson, MS to meet up with my bud, Paul. Most of you will remember him. I could tell you some stories about that trip, but I met him there, visited my family and headed south in my 1977 dark green AMC Gremlin. Some of you will remember that as well, it was the one that was highly stickered with all the Pro-Life bumper stickers all over the back.

I was full of vim and vigor and was ready to change the world, as we all were and I loved every bit of it, even my first roommate...btw...anybody heard from Forakis? I spent the next three years there studying, discerning, working, working.......working. I did have awesome opportunites including a trip to Mexico....(beware Liberty guys...I will be posting those pix soon for the entire universe to see.) But most of all I met my wife, Laura. It is hard to believe that we will have been married 17 years in September, how time flies.

20 years ago.........

1 comment:

Heath said...

Please tell me you left that nasty foam matress at home for your college missions trip to Mexico?! That will forever be one of the most memorable (sorry, can't say cherished) memories of all my missions trips. BTW, I've been blogging a bit lately too at www.2rules150years.blogspot.com